Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dreams Of My Father

i grew up among dirt and squalor in one of the numerous slums in the country. not large enough to go by any name or be visited by any politician, and definately not small enough to be trampled over to build shopping malls. i was one amongst the hundreds and thousands of us around, without an identity, without a name, just a face and physique to go by and to be recognized. so much unlike the elites in part of luyten's delhi and navi mumbai, where they had both an identity and a name and were mostly recognized all over the country. with such a nameless existence, i had only one person to look forward to- My Father. i was born orphan ( my dear mother was overrun bt a truck), and since my first day into this world my father looked after me, cared for me and gave me the inspiration to live that i so badly required. he gave me food when i couldn't find it myself, he taught me how to fly among the stars when the dirt and squalor became too much to bear. unlike hundreds and thousands of others my father wasn't a nobody. well he was actually a local community leader, a community consistng of not less than 100 of us. he had dreams, dreams of becoming the most powerfull community in the slum first and then reaching the higher echleons of our community, right to overthrowing those corrupt bastards residing along the kings way. he had these dreams not only for himself, but for me, his only child, one that he so doted on. he never let any harm come to me, even if that meant putting himself at risk. 

sundays where always my favourites. we always went to the best places to dine at, parks, restuarants, 2-star hotels....these places were always a treat and i loved my father for takng me there. one such sunday...oh!! i wish we had never gone there!! i always wanted to enter the Taj Mahal Palace , it looked fascinating from the outside, a glorifying 100 years of history behind it.  however it was a taboo for the last 75 years to even venture that hotel. but it was my birthday and my father wanted to make this day special. like two CIA agents we managed to sneak into the hotel through the kichen chimney, and finally we were through to the resturant!! we had beome legends!!! just when we were getting over our excitement and staring at the vast expanse of the main dining hall......PHAATTT!!!  a homo sapien dresses in white had hit my father!! and suddenly he was no more....such @#$%^ bastards !! so selfish!! the earth was meant to be an equal place for everybody, and these bloody homo sapiens seem to think its all for them!! so what if we take a little bit of blood from them to satisfy our hunger....didnt somebody great say "sharing is caring?? " people donate blood all the time anyways....so what if we take a little bit ?? and people think its very easy for us to penetrate there rock like skins??!! such hard hearted

*PHAATT*

*THE END*

No comments:

Post a Comment